Thursday, September 3, 2009

Back to School Blues


The air turns cooler, plaid and leather invade your closet and your nails are already painted a midnight blue. It's finally September - but you still live in Texas. A 90 degree day makes you want to pull out your newest jacket for Fall that you bought in late July. But your favorite season is near!

There are things that I will forever miss about back to school shopping that I can't enjoy as a college grad. Arguing with my mom about what carefully crisscrossed red skirt was too short or spreading out everything from our shopping trips on the hotel room bed to admire my choices. The smell of new drawing erasers and the feel of the ever so classic black and white composition pad to scribble your daydreams in - oh wait, that was grade school...

Luckily I can still enjoy breaking in new winter boots, picking out the latest circle scarf and perusing Opening Ceremony and Topshop for the coolest trends of this season to inspire me.

This Toga outfit from Opening Ceremony might give you the 'back to fall' feeling that you've been waiting all summer for...

-Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment